The Begging of G Free Livin

Hello loves,


I'm not one to beat around the bush, so to cut right to it- I cut gluten out of my diet entirely. This first entry is my post of the start to it all. Here I will track my journey and share it with whomever chooses to read. 

Making this decision honestly sucked. So many people have told me to try cutting out gluten and I always brushed it off and was continually making myself sick. I don't know if I have celiac or any gluten intolerance but this is blog is me tracking my journey through gluten free livin.

I was desperate for anything to make me feel better. I've lost a significant amount of weight- which to trail off topic is something that people are truly insensitive to. Everyone feels the need to let you know that you look like, "you must have some sort of eating disorder" or, my personal favorite, "you need to put some meat on your bones." *INSERT EYE ROLL HERE* Carrying on, I've made up my mind that something in my current diet was causing these awful reactions. Essentially after every time I eat I feel miserably sick and often times get sick in some sort of way...i know... TMI! 

As I digress; I looked into gluten and found out it's a common ingredient in almost every food I like to eat. I'm the pickiest eater in the entire world and all sorts of "bad foods" are my favorite to eat. (I was going to McDonalds multiple times a week before making this abrupt change) I kid you not, looking into gluten I feel into an internet wormhole. I was immediately fascinated by the subject. Looking at different Pinterest recipes, researching all of my favorite foods, looking into what restaurants and fast food places had gluten free options. 

I was in shock at how little options there are. Although some fast food places have certain gfree options on their menu, I couldn't find one with gfree buns for a fast food burger- one of my all time favorite things to eat. What was I going to do? Was I really going to dedicate myself to this in the off chance it works? The internal debate went on... But clearly if you're on this page you know I did go through with it. 

I am only a couple days in now and making meals is difficult. I made taco's the other night and I was pretty confident that they would be gfree since I had bought the right shells and then it's just meat and cheese right? Well, if you're wondering, there's a ton of taco seasoning brands that use gluten so I had to run back out to get a different seasoning packet just to make the tacos, super annoying. The tacos did end up being pretty bomb though. 

I will say the constant googling, and reading the nutrition facts of everything I want to eat can be a little time consuming and annoying, but the overall outcome is so worth it. I have already noticed small improvements with my digestive system, and when I say that those small improvements were worth all the lost time and extra money, I truly mean it. I would have never thought in a million, trillion years that I would cut out gluten but here I am. Living my very best gfree life and feeling oh so wonderful.


More posts to come,

If you made it this far thank you so much for reading.




XO,

Amanda


Comments

  1. I'm Serenity Autumn , currently living in Texas city, USA. I am a widow at the moment with Four kids and I was stuck in a financial situation in May 2019 and I needed to refinance and pay my bills. I tried seeking loans from various loan firms both private and corporate but never with success, and most banks declined my credit. But as God would have it, I was introduced to a woman of God a private loan lender who gave me a loan of 850,000.00 USD and today am a business owner and my kids are doing well at the moment, if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan without collateral , no credit check, no co signer with just 2% interest rate and better repayment plans and schedule, please contact Mr Pedro On Email pedroloanss@gmail.com He doesn't know that I am doing this but I am so happy now and I decided to let people know more about him and also I want God to bless him more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment